Menu

Bluedorn Math Philosophy and a child with Dyspraxia???

Alenee

I felt like I really messed up on math with my oldest dd and was reminded of my own favorite classical homeschooling book, Teaching the Trivium, and their philosophy on math. When I figured it all out, I had already passed the time to start over with my #1 dd but I took it to heart for the next two girls. However, dd #2 *wanted* a math *text* so I stuck with MUS. She's 9yo now and we're realizing that she has dyspraxia so writing anything is HORRIBLY frustrating to her. It always has been but it's coming to a peak now. I've backed off of most written work for the moment.

So here's the thing. Should I stick with the Bluedorn philosophy and just keep at math with practical application and memory work until we get the dyspraxia under control? Or is there a math curriculum for the computer where a student would do all work on the computer? I'm shaking my head at the last question because I can't see how one would do long division or multi-digit multiplication on the computer. Hmmmmmmm.....

I'm at a point where I have to re-think all of dd #2's work because of the dyspraxia. It's frustrating... She's so stinkin' smart but she feels defeated before she begins.

I don't know how much can be answered from this post. If you made it this far, thanks for *listening*.

I know nothing. Take that into consideration.

We are doing Teaching Textbooks for now and much of it is on the computer. The answers are typed in and the grades are kept all within the computer.

With the dyspraxia could you take tiles with numbers on them and have her use the tiles to work out the math problems on a magnetic board? It would be sort of like AAS but with numbers. Then she could type in the answer to the TT....or any other math curriculum of your choice.

Just a thought.