Menu

Half of the Heritage Scholars at LeTourneau this year were homeschooled.

Jane Elliot

And, I always have to laugh at the irony! My dad was told... many moons ago... keep homeschooling your kids = no job for you at LeTourneau(he was a professor there), which is why he left and went to law school... Oh the irony... oh how money talks... and it's good to get new blood in the higher up positions... :)

Is this your son, Micah from Boise that received a full scholarship, Luanne? Great info btw!

Lisa J (in Ea WA)

Yes, that is my son. But we are in Bonners Ferry, not Boise. Are we anywhere near you? I have family in Spokane.

Edited by Luann in ID

And, I always have to laugh at the irony! My dad was told... many moons ago... keep homeschooling your kids = no job for you at LeTourneau(he was a professor there), which is why he left and went to law school... Oh the irony... oh how money talks... and it's good to get new blood in the higher up positions... :)

How very funny and interesting.

What?!

:001_huh: (This is as close as I could find to "dismayed.")

What?!

:001_huh: (This is as close as I could find to "dismayed.")

I believe several of the professors there now homeschool their children. (I have two other boys at that school now, and that is what they've said. One of the computer science professors, who 18yo son talked to during his weekend there, homeschools.) Times have changed. I have a friend (older than me) whose father graduated from LeTourneau. He was attending when she was a little girl. She has all kinds of stories, too.

I believe several of the professors there now homeschool their children. (I have two other boys at that school now, and that is what they've said. One of the computer science professors, who 18yo son talked to during his weekend there, homeschools.) Times have changed. I have a friend (older than me) whose father graduated from LeTourneau. He was attending when she was a little girl. She has all kinds of stories, too.

Interesting.

(I had never heard of this college. Until this thread, my only association with the name was that horrid woman. Shudder.)

YES!!!! I'm in a homeschool co-op in Longview and we have TONS of professor's wives in there. I can think of 6 off the top of my head and I don't know everyone in the co-op. The chaplain's son was homeschooled; there is an engineering professor, several in the physics or aeronautical school. So yes, times have changed greatly. Several of these wonderful men have taught at our homeschool co-op classes. They are a fabulous resource!! My son wasn't ready to take Physics when the Physics professor taught it. It wasn't offered this year. WAA!

Christine

Christine

Hey Christine!! That means you're in my old hometown :) I miss it... I lived within walking distance of the college, and I loved biking over... (it was safe to do so back then... the area was good... I hear it's getting better than how bad it got...) I loved my little house that my parents had bought... (Kinda reminds me of the book with the little house on the front.. that home you think back on and miss) ... our pecan trees... :(

My friend has had her children go to Christian Heritage.... Fellowship Bible Church when it met at the Y.... I miss my little town :(

Anyway.. y'all can enjoy it for me!!! :)