Menu

Telling God's Story Questions

EJCMom

Has anyone used or purchased this curriculum? I'm seriously looking at adding it for next year, but I can't find any samples of it or anything. I'm curious what anyone who's used it thinks of it. I really like the idea of how it's laid out. If you use it, how do you schedule it? It looks like there are activities to do too, and I'm curious how long they take. Does anyone have any feedback about it?

So, I just read through all the samples and I think I'm in love! I'm definitely going to be adding this next year. I love the whole approach to introducing children to Jesus. I also really appreciate what he said about not expecting the Bible to be something that it was never intended to be. This is going to be a really great series. I wonder if he has Bible studies for adults?

I bought all three books a few weeks ago, but I haven't had a chance to really look through them. I read the intro of the parents book, and I was very impressed. I think we will really love it! My dd loves to color and do crafts, so I think the activities will suit her as well.

I just received mine last week so we haven't started yet but dh and I both read the intro and ARE THRILLED! I love the way the kids are introduced to Jesus first. We plan to do the reading and coloring together (dh, me, 7yo, 5yo) during nap time on Saturday. Then I will follow up with a project or game later in the week. So not a btdt, but very excited to start.

I've started reading the parent's guide and it's been good so far. I showed it to DD and she informed me that we couldn't use it for "Bible" because it's not a Bible! So I guess I'll be reading the passages directly from a Bible just to avoid any confusion:) I'll try to give a review once we get into it, but I don't know enough about it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

We have it too, and will be starting in about a month. I have read the overview parent guide, and some of the guide to read to the children.

Regarding scheduling, we will read the selection and color one day, then I chose which activities I thought we'd like to use throughout the week. There is enough for about 4-5 days. On the other days, we will read through the Gospels, which seems to be a good fit since we're talking about Jesus.

Edited by 3peasinapod