Menu

Special pen to help with note taking (very cool!)...

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144204&highlight=pen

Just thought this might help someone. It links to an old thread on the college board.

If you do this:

Get the pen with MORE MEMORY. The engineers we know who use them say the one with less memory is a LOT less useful.

You can xerox or print off the internet the special paper. The only thing special about it is the pattern on it. The material of the paper itself doesn't matter. You can also buy regular notebooks of the paper.

Give time to practise (but you guys all know that : ) )

-Nan

PS - I don't know how helpful this would be for your particular children. I know some of you are dealing with much more extreme situations. I only know that it would help my own very mildly challenged children, in a fast lecture situation. My children don't have the pen because their professors put their lecture notes on the internet for their students. : ) Their classes are full of people who aren't good at taking notes and it isn't one of those schools where they try to weed out students via the academics.

Edited by Nan in Mass

I have one! I love it. I did buy one with less memory, it still holds around 100 hours of lecture, because I can easily sync it to the computer. Once synced to the computer (which is effortless and fast) all my notes are saved onto the computer.

That pen was recommended to us in the report for ds 11 after his last evaluation. It said something like "to help him take notes from his mother's lectures during homeschooling". Um.....so far I don't think I have given any lectures, at least ones he would need to keep notes on.;) But I am keeping it in mind for future use as he gets a bit older.:001_smile: