Menu

Would you send your child to high school for their emotional health?

I know it sounds funny, but I really didn't realize how much I needed to be around others until I went to work. I realized I might not have been as emotionally healthy for my family as a result and I don't want to pass that on to my children, so for me her emotional health is important. I do think her social needs should be met as much as she's out of the house.

Michelle, I have the exact same thing with ds 15. Add to that that oldest dd -my social butterfly- now in college and Miss Social of the Century (within the limits of still doing school) complains she was isolated at points during homeschool. I have now concluded that she is going through the normal teen-ungrateful-stage and am not taking it personal because the world rocked for her when she was home.

About ds 15, then he is also involved in many activities. His attitude sounds like your dd's. I have *almost* sent him to high school a couple of times, but decided against it. He knows how close I was (and was hoping for it except our high school is very white and not doing excellently academically). I sat down with him and showed him how close he was at being almost doing with high school. He understands how much freedom and fun college can be -and how much sport he can get to do- so that's the carrot! I try to let him know to put on a nice face, and yes, threats of not going to activities are real!!!

Michelle, I have the exact same thing with ds 15. Add to that that oldest dd -my social butterfly- now in college and Miss Social of the Century (within the limits of still doing school) complains she was isolated at points during homeschool. I have now concluded that she is going through the normal teen-ungrateful-stage and am not taking it personal because the world rocked for her when she was home.

About ds 15, then he is also involved in many activities. His attitude sounds like your dd's. I have *almost* sent him to high school a couple of times, but decided against it. He knows how close I was (and was hoping for it except our high school is very white and not doing excellently academically). I sat down with him and showed him how close he was at being almost doing with high school. He understands how much freedom and fun college can be -and how much sport he can get to do- so that's the carrot! I try to let him know to put on a nice face, and yes, threats of not going to activities are real!!!

:confused: Why can't they paint it a different color?

:confused: Why can't they paint it a different color?

:lol: I heart you.

This is what we did for 2nd dd. She loved her work from day 1.

I'm trying to talk my dd into a job. Some is to help her socially, most is to help her pay for college. If only I could make it sound like fun ;)