Menu

Should I buy a used iPod?

Are you buying it from someone you know? I would be nervous about buying from someone I did not know, but that is me. I would be concerned the item was stolen, for example.

The first time you sync it to the computer you can reset it to the factory settings. I would do that before doing anything else with it. That is supposed to "clear" everything, but I remember watching a news program that basically said this does not really happen and someone who is super tech-savvy would know how to recover old data from the device. Just FYI.

Edited by jelbe5

they warantee them for a year, put in a new battery and a new case - mine came looking brand new. I think the battery would be the big thing to worry about. You have no idea how abused its been and how long it will last - and can't replace it yourself. There are other places that will sell refurbs a little cheaper than Apple, usually w/ only a month's warantee though

uh, make that refurbs!