Menu

OT: Trip to Yankee Stadium (apologies to Red Sox Fans!)

I haven't posted here in a long time, but I thought someone here might have some sage advice... I'm totally clueless.

My father is taking my son up to a Yankees game Memorial Day weekend... we're in Virginia. Does anyone have any tips on how to get there, where to stay, etc? He wants to ride a train in, but I can't find one that comes back out after the game on Sunday... is there a travel expert out there that can point me in the right direction?

Thank you SO MUCH!

Lindsay

Hi, Lindsay,

Not sure whether you mean getting back to VA after the game, or just back to a hotel, or what exactly (and REALLY not sure why I'm giving advice to a dread Yankees fan (Orioles fan, here!)), BUT, I think two great places to ask would be http://www.tripadvisor.com or http://www.fodors.com (the forums).

There are lots of hotels in Secaucus, and many of them have shuttle buses into the City. Since the NYY games are at 1:05, I'd imagine that there would be plenty of time to get out of the City after the game.

Sorry if I'm completely misreading your question!

Yankees game Memorial Day weekend... we're in Virginia.

Also, I think the NYYs are playing the Os on the 26th (Mem Day, right?) at Camden Yards in B'more - certainly easier to get to - would that work any better? Or does your dad specifically want to go to NYC and see Seattle play the Yankees?

As far as places to stay, if you go to mlb.com and find the Yankees page and then look at the schedule, there's a little "H" you can click on to reserve a room - but if it's in the City, it will probably be a lot more expensive than staying in NJ.

They have tickets for a Sat. game against the Mariners and a Sunday game too. My dad wanted to see the Yankees play in the old stadium before they tear it down and this weekend was the only one that worked with OUR baseball schedule! :)

I will definitely check out those forums and the idea about the bus is great. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out!

Lindsay

Definitely cheaper to stay in Jersey. Check out New York Mass Transit to plan a route. The bus is a great way to get to midtown but then you would have to take a subway from Penn or Grand Central to the Bronx as that is where Yankee Stadium is. There should be plenty of reverse routes to get home.

If you are looking for a nice place to stay, we stayed at the Embassy Suites in Parsippany and rode the bus into New York. The bus stop is across the street from the hotel.

BTW, I am a Red Sox fan so should you trust my advice:lol:?