Menu

Summer camp ideas needed!

I would pick a country or theme each day.

Pick countries that have a lot of easy things you can do with it. If your church has missionaries in any countries that may be a nice tie in.

Africa can tie into crafts about masks, and natural musical instruments

Mexico can tie into musical crafts with homemade maracas and been shakers

USA can be the kids making their own little apple pies (use cooked apples and mini prebaked shells -or just sliced apples on a sugar cookie, so you don't have to cook afterwards) use a basic baseball theme.

Or look into a basic theme like sports, volleyball with soft rubber balls (the two dollar ones from the big wire cages in supermarkets are good), T-ball, flag football, or other easy sports that include everyone, one sport for each day.

Since it is a Christian function, you could Google VBS and get a ton of hits for ideas. You could theme it with church events too. Noah is always easy then you can have all the games and activities based on the 'two by two' (unless your church doesn't follow that idea). AWANA games are fun for that age also and are a quick Google away.

If you decide on a theme, other than a basic christian theme, we could give you some specific ideas.

Just remember that kids this age also need free time about every 1-3 hours, so make sure to not make it too structured.

I would pick a country or theme each day.

Pick countries that have a lot of easy things you can do with it. If your church has missionaries in any countries that may be a nice tie in.

Africa can tie into crafts about masks, and natural musical instruments

Mexico can tie into musical crafts with homemade maracas and been shakers

USA can be the kids making their own little apple pies (use cooked apples and mini prebaked shells -or just sliced apples on a sugar cookie, so you don't have to cook afterwards) use a basic baseball theme.

:lol: I had JUST decided that that was what I was going to do based on Matthew 28:18-20

Since it is a Christian function, you could Google VBS and get a ton of hits for ideas. You could theme it with church events too. Noah is always easy then you can have all the games and activities based on the 'two by two' (unless your church doesn't follow that idea). AWANA games are fun for that age also and are a quick Google away.

I will try a google for VBS- where is the duh smiley?

Have a pup tent set up to allow for a different "room" for them. Allow them to assemble their own snacks. Let them help with making homemade playdoh. Lots of crayons and paper- a big roll of newsprint end rolls is always a hit. Have action songs to keep them moving. Allow for downtime with music, picture books, or a movie.