Menu

Comstock's Handbook of Nature Study -- free PDFs today

cottonmama

I was just coming over to post about this and I was glad to see that it has already been shared.

Just my take on these free files from Homeschool Freebie of the Day:

• They are so much nicer than having the entire book in one big file.
  • They break it down into sections that are manageable.
  • The only thing that is funky is that the page numbers are hard to reference if you are going to be using my Outdoor Hour Challenges. You have the pdf page numbers and the older version page numbers.
  • I found the easiest way to work with the files is to print the table of contents and work from that.

I hope everyone takes advantage of the free resources.

Just wanted to give all of you moms a heads up -- Homeschool Freebie of the Day has parts 1 and 2 of Comstock's Handbook of Nature Study available today. (With the rest of the parts to come later this week.) This books is used in the Ambleside Online curriculum, and a great resource for nature study even if you're using another curriculum.

Thank you! I downloaded the first two.

This is an excellent quality copy (see link below) of the full book from Archive.org (free also :)), with a real old book feel to it, excellent quality images and reads at the same speed as the Freebie of the Day one. I downloaded ours from Homeschool Freebie the last time they were offering it but then ended up downloading another two copies of the full book from other sources. This way I don't have to go back and forth between seven files ;). This copy is my favorite:

http://www.archive.org/details/handbookofnature1916coms