Menu

Bed Bug question.....

If you lived in a townhouse complex (about 10 units per building-18 buildings) and heard that there were bed bugs in 2 specific buildings....would you be worried?

I feel sick about it. I'm spraying tea tree oil everywhere. Are bed bugs carried by a host(person)? Should I be worried that they may walk on over to my place?

I found out through the maintenance man. It seems to be kept very hush hush. I do know that the units are being fumigated, but I heard that the tenants are not doing anything and the bugs have spread from one TH to another. Maybe they were friends?

I feel all paranoid now:001_huh: We live very close to NYC-I'm afraid to go into Manhattan:tongue_smilie: Any advice!

I doubt the bugs will "walk over" to you. They've got some nice hosts where they are! A more serious problem would be if they "hitched a ride" with someone or something else. Like, uh, the maintenance man! Or someone else who went from one building to another.

No need to freak out -- bedbugs are everywhere, honestly. I brought them home from the HOSPITAL after having #2.

However, now might be a good time to encase your mattresses and pillows in 'bedbug' covers, if you haven't already done that.

but I heard that the tenants are not doing anything and the bugs have spread from one TH to another.

One of the biggest problems that helps them spread is that many people just don't have the finances, ability, knowledge, etc to deal with them. Treatments don't work unless the people do all of the prep work (and do it properly) and live a specific way until they know for sure that the bugs are gone. It can be a very lengthy, VERY expensive process that is out of reach for many.

One of the biggest problems that helps them spread is that many people just don't have the finances, ability, knowledge, etc to deal with them. Treatments don't work unless the people do all of the prep work (and do it properly) and live a specific way until they know for sure that the bugs are gone. It can be a very lengthy, VERY expensive process that is out of reach for many.

:iagree:I know that the management was hiring pest control, but I would think it would take some effort/cost to the tenant too. Makes sense.

No need to freak out -- bedbugs are everywhere, honestly. I brought them home from the HOSPITAL after having #2.

However, now might be a good time to encase your mattresses and pillows in 'bedbug' covers, if you haven't already done that.

How did you get rid of them? How long did it take you?

How do these bedbug covers work? Couldn't the bugs just live ON the covers? Or hang out in other areas of the bedroom until night time?