Menu

Want to Recommend Some Reading for me?

mom2bee

Can you wonderful ladies (and gents) help me compile a list of books that deal with education, learning, child care and above all, HomeSchooling? I'm not asking for books about, teaching [set subject here] (like Ordinary Parents Guide to Reading, 100EZ,) but on the art and style and method of teaching

...Or, if there is a master list around here, could you just link me? ( I searched 10 pages back in the forum and didn't see a thread like this, sorry if its a repeat)

Here are some of the books I know of/have read.

• The Well Trained Mind (Homeschool) :tongue_smilie:
  • How to Get Your Child off The Refrigerator and On to Learning (Homeschool, ADHD)
  • Slow and Steady, Get Me Ready (Living, School prep)
  • Why Johnny Can't Read (education, reading)
  • (I forget the title, but the subtitle is:) Why American Children Feel Good About Themselves But Can't Read, Write, or Add. (education)

I am having a lot of trouble thinking of any other titles...but I know there are dozens more.

Got Any "Must Reads" that you care to share?

Can you wonderful ladies (and gents) help me compile a list of books that deal with education, learning, child care and above all, HomeSchooling? I'm not asking for books about, teaching [set subject here] (like Ordinary Parents Guide to Reading, 100EZ,) but on the art and style and method of teaching

...Or, if there is a master list around here, could you just link me? ( I searched 10 pages back in the forum and didn't see a thread like this, sorry if its a repeat)

Here are some of the books I know of/have read.

• The Well Trained Mind (Homeschool) :tongue_smilie:
  • How to Get Your Child off The Refrigerator and On to Learning (Homeschool, ADHD)
  • Slow and Steady, Get Me Ready (Living, School prep)
  • Why Johnny Can't Read (education, reading)
  • (I forget the title, but the subtitle is:) Why American Children Feel Good About Themselves But Can't Read, Write, or Add. (education)

I am having a lot of trouble thinking of any other titles...but I know there are dozens more.

Got Any "Must Reads" that you care to share?

Ah, while you have a moment, could you give some more details on the math curriculum thread? There are some folks with some good experience and ideas who have been asking for some more specifics about your situation so they can be helpful.

Update: I added a couple tags at the bottom of the thread. If you click on the "homeschool books" tag, you will see at least one other lengthy thread on the topic.

Edited by Sebastian (a lady)