Menu

Best website for keeping track of books?

I've been using Library Thing to keep track of the kids books they've been reading but have reached the limit I can do for free. Before I decide to pay the annual fee to do more I was wondering if anyone else has any other recommendations. LT seems pretty easy to use but before I commit I might like to check out other peoples favorites :001_smile:

Guest SellSC

Have you considered the Book Collector from Collectorz.com? It stores your database on your hard drive rather than online, so it lacks the community aspect of Library Thing, but it is a one-time fee for the purchase of the software. I love its versatility; you can manipulate any book, or even add info on books that the database doesn't recognize. You can organize separate lists for individual children if you so desire. Mine was the best thirty dollars I ever spent; with 1,000+ books I had to do something to maintain order!

I did the lifetime member fee at Librarything. I continue to be pleased with it. I had tried Shelfari before and it annoyed the heck out of me. Goodreads also annoys me. Librarything is just quietly there, and I like the way I can find other collections that have something in common with mine but give me new ideas. I also like the way I can see a lot of titles on one page and am not clicking and clicking or scrolling all over the place to see a long list of titles.

I did the lifetime member fee at Librarything. I continue to be pleased with it. I had tried Shelfari before and it annoyed the heck out of me. Goodreads also annoys me. Librarything is just quietly there, and I like the way I can find other collections that have something in common with mine but give me new ideas. I also like the way I can see a lot of titles on one page and am not clicking and clicking or scrolling all over the place to see a long list of titles.

Thanks - that's great to know!