Menu

HWT TM question

mo2

I don't really *need* the TMs for all years, do I? My kids have some fine-motor issues and special needs, so I want the TM so that I can take full advantage of the program and all it's tips and tricks. But, really, shouldn't ONE of the print TMs and ONE of the cursive TMs be enough? I figure I'll get the 3rd grade TM since that's the first year cursive is taught, but do I want the PreK or K TM?

You might want the K manual. I never used it, but my little guy had no fine motor problems whatsoever (He currently has the neatest handwriting of all my kids...).

That's unusual though, and with a typical K'er, I would probably use the manual.

I think you can get pretty good sample downloads from hwtears website if you want to see what type of activities are in it.

Alternatively, you can find other ways to work on those skills and muscle strength. Finger knitting, puzzles, beads, unit blocks, legos etc.

I would suggest the K TM-there's SO much of the program, especially in PK/K, which isn't in the workbooks (in fact, when I did training, one of the comments was that the only reason there IS a PK workbook is that school systems wouldn't buy the program otherwise).

I do think that one for print and one for cursive is sufficient. I have the complete set, since I did training, and most of mine have never been touched.

I agree, just choose one for the printing and one for the cursive. I'd go with the K book. I got most of them (first I purchased them, then someone gave them to me), but they all repeat themselves. I really only read the one for printing.

Thanks everyone. I think I will go with the K and 3rd manuals. It looks like the PreK only covers capitals and K covers capitals and lowercase. But I think all the other stuff in it is the same (the readiness activities, etc).

Thanks.