Menu

American Idol... the guys...

Anyone watch?

I really enjoyed the country singer (sorry, don't know his name offhand).

I also liked Paul (I think that's his name!) who sounded so much like Rod Stewart. I remember not thinking he should get through, but liked his performance.

But...

One thing really got to me...

I cannot remember names or song titles, but there were a couple of songs that seemed WAY off. And the judges were all, "Great job! You got this!" And I'm thinking, "You've got to be kidding? Did you hear what I heard??"

Made me wonder if they were "required" to like them or something...

Jacob (I think!) sang incredibly wonderful!!! Slay me, what a voice!!

My favorites are the exact two that you mentioned....Scotty McCreery and Paul (McDonald, I think). They were great. Everyone else was definitely not favorites. Some of them (Jordan) were just way off the mark. Then that curly headed guy with the beard (I think he sang last) just creeped me out with all that yelling and grunting LOL.

Thanks for the link for the previous comments... I had forgotten about them! I really enjoy the judges... but... does anyone else think that they were TOO nice to the guys who just didn't sing well at all????

PS SOmeone on the other thread asked about watching it online. I don't watch it in real time, I watch it on Megavideo when I have free time... no commercials!!

I have it taped and will watch it tonight, but I *LOVE* that country western guy with the deep voice and the Rod Stewart sounding guy!!!

I also like the guy with the dark hair and bigger nose.

So you are in good company. We have similar likes, and we have similar descriptions. Don't talk about them by name, you will TOTALLY lose me then. :biggrinjester:

ETA: LOVE the guy with Tourettes and I'm really hoping he wins! I love hiis voice, but I was very touched by his story.