Menu

Can TOG REALLY be jumped into during any unit?

Mommyfaithe

This is my second year with Tapestry & I've got LG students.

I would say yes, you could jump in. There will be times where the kids are doing a multi-week project or one of the read alouds will be several weeks long. BUT- because TOG is a buffet that you pick from you easily just skip those things & do something else. Or back up a few weeks so that you could include those if you wanted to.

How successful you are at jumping in the middle would probably depend quite a bit on how comfortable you are with tweaking curriculum to fit your own needs, routines, etc.

Depends on year and level, some things can be caught up on. For example students begin to make president and state cards in year 2, that project is carried through year 4, easy to catch up. Year 4 has an invention notebook, you can either skip missed inventions or catch up. Rhetoric literature is hard to jump into mid year, especially years 2-4.

Also-When you get your year plan check the Loom section there is a section on General Resources that has summer reading for each level both history and literature. They are intended to give a child the basics from the previous year before beginning the current year. They are not extensive or highly time consuming though.

There is also summer reading for the teacher-available here

http://www.tapestryofgrace.com/loom/year-all/index.php

You can see the teacher list without purchasing TOG, I'm not sure you have access to the student list without purchasing a year plan or unit 1 of a year plan.