Menu

one cookie=brain fog???

So I've been doing Atkins for the past month (and have lost about 10 lbs. :party:)

I've been very very good about sticking to the diet until last night, when we picked up our Girl Scout cookie order. I ate one cookie. One. measly. cookie. And even made sure I stayed within my daily net carb count, so as not to cheat tooo much. ;)

Anyway, today, I felt super sluggish, like I was trying to drag myself through jello all day. Also had terrible brain fog. From about 1-6 pm. I feel normal again now.

I keep thinking that maybe it was the cookie...could it have been the cookie? Surely not the cookie... Anyone with low carb experience want to chime in? Could it be the cookie??? Or maybe just a fluke? :confused:

I've done Atkins several times (am doing induction now) and never had that bad of a fog from one cookie. Only when I have cheated big have I had any sort of icky feeling. I wouldn't think one girl scout cookie would do that.

Your post is however making me really want a Samoa :lol:

Luckily there are none in the house.

I've done Atkins several times (am doing induction now) and never had that bad of a fog from one cookie. Only when I have cheated big have I had any sort of icky feeling. I wouldn't think one girl scout cookie would do that.

Your post is however making me really want a Samoa :lol:

Luckily there are none in the house.

Sorry to tempt you. D is a Girl Scout, so it's hard not to have them around this time of year. Got to support the troop and all that... ;)

Yes I feel terrible if I eat something sweet. I can eat something higher carb without problems so long as the main ingredient isn't sugar.

I'd consider that a good thing. It will make you think twice. ;)

It's definitely doing that! I'm scared of trying another one!

Was the cookie in isolation, or eaten with something else? If you "cheat", I think you'd be better off eating it in conjunction with significant protein and fat, to help smooth out the effects on the blood sugar. Just an idea.

You know, I did eat it in isolation. It was fairly high in fat on its own, though. (Tagalong)

Thanks everyone for your replies. I think for now I'm sufficiently scared to cheat again any time soon. :D (Still really hoping it wasn't the cookie, though...I'd love to eventually be able to eat one every now and again. ;))

Big time Atkins here too and I know what you are talking about. I was on it for a month and last week went to the fair. I had a footlong corndog, double cotton candy, a root beer and a bag of carmelcorn. It was a carb-bender! The next day I had a headache and the mood was awful. I felt so tired and blah. I got right back on the wagon but it took a couple of days to get over the carb overload. What I find is that I am better off just avoiding the carbs as much as I can. I would get foggy after a GC cookie too.

Edited by 2cents