Menu

Thread Jack Ipads

It's way more portable. I can slip my iPad in my purse. I need a huge heavy laptop bag and power cord, mouse for my laptop.

It is cooler. The battery lasts longer. My laptop gets hot quickly and I pretty much need to be near a power outlet.

It is the perfect ebook! Although my laptop also has Kindle for PC, there's no way I want to read ebooks on laptops or desktops. The iPad is perfect for this.

All the apps! We can be endlessly educated and entertained with all the stuff on our iPad.

Fast access - like someone mentioned, just a few finger moves and your email is checked, WTB forums checked, and then you can go back to reading on Kindle for iPad. Laptop requires a few minutes of setting up and powering on.

I'm sure there's dozens of other useful things about the iPad I'm forgetting at the moment.

Now, if I'm going to do WORK and I'm on the road, the laptop is necessary for that. I spent all Monday with my laptop while my daughter is at an all-day class.

The interface still feels "magical" to me. They are truly mobile (not like a laptop). I'm highly surprised that I like typing on the touch screen better than a keyboard (except for editing) but milage may vary there.

The battery life is amazing, although too many open apps in the multitasking dock seems to draw power more quickly in the most recent software upgrade.

The machine runs cool. Is instant on. What's not to love?

The lack of Flash is a minor annoyance. There is a web browser now that evidently plays most Flash videos, but not Flash games. Syncing thru iTunes is slow and a bit of a PITA. Having USB and a camera would be cool--the iPad 2 is supposed to.

Color documents, PDAs, books are a dream on the iPad. We have used a great number of downloaded educational recourses on it rather than printing.

There are apps for almost everything (and growing every day).

Great web and email device.

We use it as a "white board."

Could go on and on. Probably already have :tongue_smilie:

Bill

The lack of Flash is a minor annoyance. There is a web browser now that evidently plays most Flash videos, but not Flash games. Syncing thru iTunes is slow and a bit of a PITA. Having USB and a camera would be cool--the iPad 2 is supposed to.

More than a minor annoyance for me. I can't access the online course software I use because it requires flash. So that's a serious drawback. If I want to check on students, I have to be on the laptop or desktop.

I'm hopeful that they'll allow it in a later upgrade.

More than a minor annoyance for me. I can't access the online course software I use because it requires flash. So that's a serious drawback. If I want to check on students, I have to be on the laptop or desktop.

I'm hopeful that they'll allow it in a later upgrade.

I do not have any "mission critical" Flash needs. In fact, for me it is almost a non-issue. But if I had a Flash program I had to run, I could see being highly annoyed.

I doubt Apple budges on this. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Bill