Menu

Soundproofing Earphones? Noise Reduction doohickeys?

I'm waving the white flag of surrender.

I need a pair. I need to put them on for 5 minute spells throughout the day. I need quiet to just read and regroup. I have a chatterbox who never. stops. talking. Even to herself and the pets. Then she's practising flute. Then my son is playing video clips in 15 different languages, then in reverse, then sped up so they sound like Russian/German/Greek chipmunks. And the puppy is barking. :glare: I just need quiet. Just for a few minutes.

Can anyone recommend a set of soundproofing or noise reduction earphones? Or is there another option, like, oh I don't know what to call them... I guess those safety headsets that construction workers wear? I can't spend a lot... although I suppose any cost is better than a jail term if I go all postal... :tongue_smilie:

:grouphug:

I would try a combination of the tiny ones you can buy in large packages and "earmuff" ones that go over your head. Either alone would not make it quiet, but they might work together. That's the cheap option that will probably work. My husband wears that combo at times when he flies. (A very loud plane.)

I'm waving the white flag of surrender.

I need a pair. I need to put them on for 5 minute spells throughout the day. I need quiet to just read and regroup. I have a chatterbox who never. stops. talking. Even to herself and the pets. Then she's practising flute. Then my son is playing video clips in 15 different languages, then in reverse, then sped up so they sound like Russian/German/Greek chipmunks. And the puppy is barking. :glare: I just need quiet. Just for a few minutes.

Can anyone recommend a set of soundproofing or noise reduction earphones? Or is there another option, like, oh I don't know what to call them... I guess those safety headsets that construction workers wear? I can't spend a lot... although I suppose any cost is better than a jail term if I go all postal... :tongue_smilie:

:grouphug::grouphug: Sounds like my house too, except my dd would be the one doing the barking. :001_huh: If you find a good pair let me know too, hun. :grouphug:

:grouphug:

I would try a combination of the tiny ones you can buy in large packages and "earmuff" ones that go over your head. Either alone would not make it quiet, but they might work together. That's the cheap option that will probably work. My husband wears that combo at times when he flies. (A very loud plane.)

This.

Get the little orange foamy ones for inside your ear. On top of that, put a pair of the over-the-ear type, found in the sporting goods section of any big box store; possibly with or near hunting equipment. Together, those will work well.

if that doesn't do it for you, do you have any sort of mp3 player? Can you get a track of some kind of white noise to play in your earbuds?? Maybe that in your ears with the ear muffs over it. I know you want quiet, but maybe some soothing sound that you choose will work just as well (if the above does not work).

Best of luck to you.