Menu

Do you lend out curriculum? Would you ask to borrow from a friend?

I have lent out curriculum (and craft books and other stuff) to friends that I trust, and I have borrowed things myself. If I were to damage something that was lent to me, I would replace it, and I would expect that someone else would do the same. At the same time, I understand that things I lend out may not come back in exactly the same condition, and that's a risk I take; if it's that precious to me, I wouldn't lend it out. I also wouldn't borrow something that I could not afford to replace if I damaged it.

Our co-op has a lending library, and we've started asking for a deposit for certain, expensive items. The deposit is just a check for a significant portion of the item's cost, dated for the return date; I (the librarian) hold on to the checks and won't deposit them unless the item is lost or damaged and not returned/replaced.

No and no.

I don't borrow, b/c I'm scared to death the kids would ruin it. I would hate for that to happen.

I don't lend, b/c the few times I have, it's never been returned. :glare:

It's easier to just not do either, and search the used book stores and garage sales, or curriculum boards.