Menu

ToG with SL...

sahm99

I spent the last three days reading through everything I could possibly find on ToG (here, on the SL-Forums, and on their website)...

We have been using SL for four years, and while we really enjoy it, I want a more rigorous, challenging program which will (hopefully) make the kids (particularly ds) more independent. Also, I want to be able to hold him accountable through the worksheets/quizzes, etc. that TOG offer.

We already own all SL-Cores up to Core 7.

Unfortunately we do not have access to a library (living abroad), so filling the kids "reading-hunger" must be well planned.

I am wondering in which way we can integrate the wonderful books we already own (SL...and other) into ToG, knowing, that only the latter will be our "history-backbone".

We will probably start with ToG, Year 1, in Mars.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts...!:)

Giving you a bump, so maybe someone with more experience can answer your question.

We just recently left SL to begin TOG. We love it!!!! Someone here pointed me to a list of SL books coordinated by TOG weeks in the TOG Loose Threads yahoo group. I have been using that to add in the extra SL books I have for my vorocious reader.

Giving you a bump, so maybe someone with more experience can answer your question.

We just recently left SL to begin TOG. We love it!!!! Someone here pointed me to a list of SL books coordinated by TOG weeks in the TOG Loose Threads yahoo group. I have been using that to add in the extra SL books I have for my vorocious reader.

I would love to see that list! how would I find it???

I already own SL, K-100 and had already purchased books for the year when we made the move to TOG this year. I spent less than $40 for additional books for Y2 for my D student, and I probably could have gotten away without if I hadn't had an amazon gift card. I integrate SL all over the place with my avid readers. Do join the TOG Loose Threads, although it is dated the list of SL books by year is helpful, many are also already listed in the alternative resources in your TOG year plans. Be sure to check the public domain online before purchasing books too.

Thank you for your help!!

...I will join the yahoo-group.

I went ahead and bought the first unit of Year 1...and am utterly in love:001_wub:!!!

I have the feeling to have found IT...THE way, for us, to make homeschooling the way I want it to be... (can you see I am excited;)...haven't felt that way since the day we took the kids out of school four years ago!).

...off to read some more in my ToG...:lol:

We already own all SL-Cores up to Core 7.

Unfortunately we do not have access to a library (living abroad), so filling the kids "reading-hunger" must be well planned.

We will probably start with ToG, Year 1, in Mars.

Oh, and I couldn't help but laugh at this. When you said you were living abroad, you really meant it! ;)

Thank you for your help!!

...I will join the yahoo-group.

I went ahead and bought the first unit of Year 1...and am utterly in love:001_wub:!!!

I have the feeling to have found IT...THE way, for us, to make homeschooling the way I want it to be... (can you see I am excited;)...haven't felt that way since the day we took the kids out of school four years ago!).

...off to read some more in my ToG...:lol:

:party:So excited for you!!! We are loving it here! We will are nearly done with our very first unit. I'm making plans to buy the next one!