Menu

Too much time for reading and getting myself all confused.

I get that I'm stuck lying down most of the day. Recovering from surgery, and medications that make me dizzy will do that. I get that my computer is my only real escape. But, all I seem to be doing now is re-thinking absolutely everything I had planned and mapped out for next year.

I so hate second-guessing myself. I know it doesn't help that I feel completely overwhelmed just trying to finish this school year, build a house, and prep for next year... on top of not being able to do what I'd normally do.

Maybe I should just go crawl in bed, pull the covers over my head and call it a day.

My convention list "must sees" just keep growing. Let's just add BJU history to the mix. I've already purchased MCT and Killgallon. I have most of the VP history cards... and I refuse to re-think my oldest ds's science for next year (he doesn't need meaty...he just needs structure. We did Life Science this year... Earth/Space the year before... Abeka Physical Science just makes sense for next year and then we can revisit).

Why, oh why must all of you tempt me so with other programs?

UGH!

Well, I just registered for 3 Veritas on-line classes:

Secondary Latin 1 for oldest DS.

Grammar Latin 1 for DD

Memory Period 1 for younger DS.

I can't afford for both DD and DS to officially take the Latin/Memory classes together... but hopefully having one enrolled will help keep us more accountable overall.

At least there are a few things I'm not re-thinking:lol:

Rather than replanning next year, why not start researching high school? :)

My trick is to decide everything but wait on buying. If it was really a good decision, it still will be later. But I've had that happen before, where I decided, invested, and then saw something new and DRAMATICALLY better come out. Last time I did that, lol. Decide now, buy later. Can't do that with the VP classes obviously, but with the rest you can.

PS. Hope you feel better soon!

I can identify with what you said. I just got my Veritas catalog in the mail today and I'm all a-flutter with possibilities.

I get that I'm stuck lying down most of the day. Recovering from surgery, and medications that make me dizzy will do that. I get that my computer is my only real escape. But, all I seem to be doing now is re-thinking absolutely everything I had planned and mapped out for next year.

I so hate second-guessing myself. I know it doesn't help that I feel completely overwhelmed just trying to finish this school year, build a house, and prep for next year... on top of not being able to do what I'd normally do.

Maybe I should just go crawl in bed, pull the covers over my head and call it a day.

My convention list "must sees" just keep growing. Let's just add BJU history to the mix. I've already purchased MCT and Killgallon. I have most of the VP history cards... and I refuse to re-think my oldest ds's science for next year (he doesn't need meaty...he just needs structure. We did Life Science this year... Earth/Space the year before... Abeka Physical Science just makes sense for next year and then we can revisit).

Why, oh why must all of you tempt me so with other programs?

UGH!

Well, thankfully, it's more about 7-9th grades (and high school) than next year. But, that's really what I'm working on at convention this summer anyhow. I'd really be in trouble if I was second-guessing next year!

I was planning on getting the K12 Human Odyssey books (1-3) for years 7-9, but now I'm wondering if the BJU (geared for grades 6-8?) might be a better choice. I like the sound of the review ;-) So, I'm going to look at them this June (not buy, just look... I have many other things I *must* buy for next year...)

We haven't started MCT, yet. But, despite the recent hub-bub on the essay examples (which really sounds more like a mountain out of a molehill to me... but that's me), I'm still going to go for it. I really think my son will do well with the one-on-one verbal aspects vs. workpages. You may have to drag me kicking and screaming to DO the lessons, tho (lol). I have an Abeka workbook (6th grade) and several Editor in Chief games and Punctuation Puzzlers to aide with reinforcement, as well as a diagramming book, and the Kilgallon books ;D

Really, it's all about 7-9th grades. I just like having a solid path about a year in advance (or more!). I suppose it's not that bad. I'm just comparing spines... not completely changing everything.

He's my oldest... the one I'm most afraid of screwing up. Everything is new for him. Too much challenge, and he gets frustrated and shuts down. Too little challenge and he gets bored and shuts down. UGH! He *asked* for the more difficult Latin class. I told him he'd better learn all of the chants from LFC A&B cold. So, he's working on them. :D

I'll just keep reading, making notes and hopefully things will start sorting themselves out over the next year! 7th grade will be here before I know it!