Menu

Standardized Test Prep Recommendations?

DD will be tested for the first time this year and I was wondering if there were any suggestions out there for test-prep books? I was looking at Scholastic, but I only found a separate book for each subject. I'm more looking for one bok that we can kind of use as a practice book. She's never taken a standardized test before, and I want her to get used to being timed and filling in the bubbles.

Thanks!

Dorinda

I recently purchased from Alibris How to Prepare for Your State Standards.

It covers 17 different types of standardized tests, ITBS being among the tests listed. This is not a reteaching workbook, but just the testing format workbook covering the types of questions found common to all 17 standardized tests. Of all the test prep books I reviewed, this book came closest to the format of the actual test (I am using it for CA STAR). What you choose will depend on your purpose. If you need to reteach skills or teach skills not covered thus far in your school year, this may not be the best choice.

I recently purchased from Alibris How to Prepare for Your State Standards.

It covers 17 different types of standardized tests, ITBS being among the tests listed. This is not a reteaching workbook, but just the testing format workbook covering the types of questions found common to all 17 standardized tests. Of all the test prep books I reviewed, this book came closest to the format of the actual test (I am using it for CA STAR). What you choose will depend on your purpose. If you need to reteach skills or teach skills not covered thus far in your school year, this may not be the best choice.

Thanks! That's helpful. Our state does not require testing, this is purely for her benefit. I think it's important they start learning to "test" since life is full of standardized tests. I'm not worried about HOW she does scoring wise, I just want to prepare her for the experience KWIM?

Blessings!

Dorinda