Menu

Help in navigating this website

There has got to be a better way to navigate through here than how I am doing it.

I find that this forum is so large, there are pages and pages of new posts within a few hours it seems. So, if I want to go back to a thread I was following it takes a while to find it.

Also, when I am within a sub category and I try to do a search for a "lost thread", I never get any results. It gives me a none found message.

Also, how do I find my way to discussions about specific curriculum? Or is there a review section here?

I can't seem to figure out the flow or organization of this forum. Can someone give me some direction or site map or chart or something?

Am I being silly or have others found this issue too?

For specifics I do searches.

To look through specific boards I click on "The Well-Trained Mind Forums (aka Hive Mind)." That's in blue above the bar with "User Control Panel (CP)." And then click on the board I want.

Mostly, I start by clicking on my name in the grey box on the top of the right hand side of the screen and then "Statistics" (that's on the same bar as "Visitor Messages" and "About Me"). From there I click "Find all posts by (my name)." That will show me all the threads I have posted on and whether or not anyone has added to those threads. I can click on my post and start where I last left off :)

Finally, on the blue bar with "User Control" there is "New Posts." That's where I go once I've gone over the threads I already commented on. Those are all the most recently posted on threads.

hth :D

You can subscribe to your posts when you are posting them as well as other posts. On posts you made the subscribe option is after the text box in the option at the bottom.

To subscribe to others click the thread tools in the upper right hand corner above the first post.

Clear as mud?

As for specific curriculum, go to the The Well-Trained Mind Forums (aka Hive Mind) main forum and choose the K-8 or High School and then use the search box for that forum to search for specific ones.

Hope this helps!