Menu

Outlining, can you recommend a good resource?

in WWE 5 which she is working on now - not entirely sure what the publication date will be, but maybe someone else will chime in. WWE is a complete writing program though, so it may be more than you need if you already have a writing program (or don't want to use a writing program).

Thank you! And it's available from currclick for instant download which is always better when one lives in Australia :001_smile:

eta: oh durn, it's the Gr 3-4 one that currclick has. Oh well. Snail mail it is.

Edited by keptwoman

I'd read WTM2009 on outlining. IT maybe all that you need. Those outlining books are really basic and it's a big step to the way it's outlined in WTM2009.

Isn't TWTM marvellous. I really should just open it more often! I have the older version, if it doesn't cover outlinging as well it might be just the excuse to buy the new version.:D

I think that is one of the additions in the 2009 version.... but I'm not entirely certain. In the 2009 edition, she walks you through a one level outline, then 2 level, then 3 level all on the same passage about the Blackfoot tribe and horses. OK, in WTM2009 the outlining is in the Why 1492? History and Geography (in the Logic Stage section).

Isn't TWTM marvellous. I really should just open it more often! I have the older version, if it doesn't cover outlinging as well it might be just the excuse to buy the new version.:D

It really is worth it. I had the outlining resource SWB recommends in her book, but it's a bit of a snoozer. I just copied off the pages in her book, highlighted the most important parts and my son was good to go. In fact, he thought I should have given him that first and skipped the workbook. If you aren't comfortable with outlining, workbooks will go through additional skills like identifying fact from opinion and putting items in chronological order, but really with SWB's instructions, you can just get down to work.