Menu

How to get Librivox downloads organized on ipod

I have downloaded several public domain audiobooks for my boys to listen to on their ipods from Librivox. I downloaded them onto my macbook and then they sync to the ipod. However, the books that have the chapters in separate recordings are all out of order.

Any advice how to fix this and avoid it in the future? I can sort them using the bar along the top of the title on my macbook, but the ipod touch has no such thing. My son has been doing some long complicated process involving renaming the files and one by one changing them using his computer to fix it, but there must be an easier way! Help!

I seem to remember this problem has something to do with podcasts. Can you move the podcasts to a music folder or a new playlist? Maybe the audiobook folder?

If you have an iPod touch, download the audiobooks app by traveling classics. Then you will have access to the librivox library. You will have to download within the app if you want to have access away from a wifi connection.

Paula

I seem to remember this problem has something to do with podcasts. Can you move the podcasts to a music folder or a new playlist? Maybe the audiobook folder?

Paula

I think that's the key. I was having the same problem with books from the library but once I went in and categorized those items as audio books (they were showing up in music) the problem was solved.