Menu

Any tricks for staying "on track" with SL??

Moxie

This is our second year with SL. We're using history, read-alouds and two different sets of readers. Each one is in a different week :glare:. The same thing happened last year and I swore we'd keep it together this year. All the flipping back and forth makes me nuts!

no great answer here. My kids were getting ahead in the readers so we had them take a break to get us all caught back together last month. I too didn't like jumping all over and they read about things we hadn't talked about in history yet. So they did other books until we caught up in History :-)

I think it's normal to get off. Maybe a few times a year stop one to get it all caught up? my only answer :001_smile:

We always read the read alouds faster than scheduled so I just add in an extra book here and there to fill in. This year, we're reading through the Chronicles of Narnia after each couple of read alouds. I don't worry about ds being ahead in readers. I just let him pick ibrary books when he finishes for the year.