Menu

kids interacting with adults

There was a thread a while ago about hs kids being able to interact with adults. I don't knwo where it is now. Anyhow...

DD's ps friend called me a minute ago. School was cancelled today, her mom and puppy were asleep, there was nothing on TV, and she was bored with her book. So she called me to ask if she could do school with us. I told no, so she spent a while talking to me. LOL she didn't ask to speak to any of the kids, just talked to me for a few minutes then said bye. :confused::001_huh::lol:

Why did you tell her she couldn't do school with you? I think that would have been a very nice opportunity for the girl, who clearly craved some attention from an adult.

My dd16's friends talk to me all time, and some of them text me, too. My dd's friend who visits her grandparents down the street comes over even when she knows my dd isn't here just to hang and talk with me (or even my little kids). Heck, I have several friends whom I consider actual friends who are between the ages of 16 and 20. We interact in adult environments (volunteering or social get-togethers) and I find them interesting and fun to be around.

Tara

Why did you tell her she couldn't do school with you? I think that would have been a very nice opportunity for the girl, who clearly craved some attention from an adult.

My dd16's friends talk to me all time, and some of them text me, too. My dd's friend who visits her grandparents down the street comes over even when she knows my dd isn't here just to hang and talk with me (or even my little kids). Heck, I have several friends whom I consider actual friends who are between the ages of 16 and 20. We interact in adult environments (volunteering or social get-togethers) and I find them interesting and fun to be around.

Tara

Because we had already done school today. And her mom was asleep so she couldn't get permission to come over right then