Menu

My son thinks I don't like...

the "country" of Montana. He just started Geography Songs recently. He was doing the northern border states and pointing to the capitals as he sang. When he got to Helena, Montana, he said, "Ooooh, I bet you don't like that country." "Montana? Why do you say that?" "You know Helena Montana. You don't like that show.":lol:

Obviously, the kids and I don't know much about Hannah Montana (I don't know enough about her to dislike her, I probably said no to pjs with her face on them one time). I see the kids are growing up as ignorant about celebraties as I did.

:lol: My younger brother and sister made fun of me in my teens because I couldn't tell you which was Brad Pitt, and which was Tom Cruise. Being able to tell the difference now has not enhanced my life at all. States and capitols is a MUCH better use of memory storage. And my friend has been watching Hannah Montana with her then 3yo, now 4yo, and I personally would never let MY young daughter watch her...

:lol: My younger brother and sister made fun of me in my teens because I couldn't tell you which was Brad Pitt, and which was Tom Cruise. Being able to tell the difference now has not enhanced my life at all. States and capitols is a MUCH better use of memory storage. And my friend has been watching Hannah Montana with her then 3yo, now 4yo, and I personally would never let MY young daughter watch her...

See, I don't feel the need to know about pop culture for life in general, but if I'm ever on a game show I know exactly what kind of question I'm going down on.:tongue_smilie:

I have always wanted to move to Helena and open a little shop called the "Helena Handbasket".

Do you like the area or just the name? My brother and his wife lived in Idaho for a few months (way up by Canada). I wished we'd driven up that way while there were there, but they didn't stay long enough.

Do you like the area or just the name? My brother and his wife lived in Idaho for a few months (way up by Canada). I wished we'd driven up that way while there were there, but they didn't stay long enough.

Well I have a lot of family in Montana, but mostly farther south and/or east than Helena. I grew up on the MT/WY border. Our house was actually in WY, but we went to school and did all our shopping in MT. I miss it. I sometimes daydream a little about moving somewhere in the mountains of MT. I haven't spent much time in Helena, but it seems like a nice town. My brother spent a while there and liked it. But as far as the shop goes, it's mostly the name I like--the idea of printing up advertising that says things like "For blazing hot summer deals, go to Helena Handbasket!"