Menu

Does Right Start Math every go on sale?

Dolphin

I'm pretty sure it went was offered at the Homeschool Buyers Co-op last year for a discount. I had to buy RS B and I couldn't wait that long, so I ended up buying it at normal price.

If I google this, I come up with my own blog post about the sale, it was back in June. The savings was 25%. I did read that the HSBC was totally overwhelmed with that sale and probably won't be able to do it again in that way, as RS didn't drop-ship. So this is what it looks like they are offering now:

https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/index.php?option=com_hsbc_epp_order&Itemid=1420

I had surgery last summer and couldn't make convention. I ended up buying it through their website online. If you spend over a $100 (I think it was) you got free shipping. At convention, I think it was a 10% discount and maybe free shipping. By the time I would have bought my ticket to convention, I wouldn't have saved much. A friend of mine ordered at convention the same time I ordered online and I received mine MUCH faster.

You do get extra points to spend through the co-op, though.

As for the program itself...my two daughters have used Abeka for math, so this was a big step of faith for me. We LOVE it! It is very teacher intensive and completely hands on (very minimal worksheets). Oh my...he has learned SO MUCH, and so much more easily and fun. I highly recommend it!

Patty

Okay, I will look on the boards, It's a lot, but looking at what it comes with, it looks really good.

Age wise, my daughter is turning 4 in a month, she is begging to start school. She is working through OPGTR and is begging to start school. He writing isn't very good, but verbally she is great. I was leaning towards this program as it didn't seem like it has lots of writing. It looks activity based. Am I being unrealistic, or is this a good program to start math with?

I've never noticed a sale. Students Worksheets are the only RS new material I've bought new through the website. Otherwise I found the full Level B kit on Ebay, then Level C Lessons on this For Sale forum. (What a great resource!)

My older 2 started at age 5 and 7 together with Level B. I love the program - how it sets their minds to see groups of 5 and 10 - it's helped me with Math and Math has always been my best/fav subject! Not a lot of writing/worksheets at first (that was a concern of mine too), but card games. My kids have liked the games so much we still play the simplest ones of all with friends when they come over.

Even today, they will use what they learned those early days - their 10s facts - that will help them understand more complicated lessons. I'm looking for Level D now, and I'm considering how to start my youngest with the Level B I already have...