Menu

Los Angeles Area Homeschoolers

I just want to make local homeschoolers aware of an upcoming forum hosted by radio-host Larry Mantle, a very thoughtful person who has a regular talk show on the Pasadena NPR affiliate station KPPC (89.3).

The event (which I assume will be broadcast) will be on Feb. 9th from 1-2 PM in Pasadena. Larry Mantle (for those who may not know him) is one of those increasing rare people in radio who always sees light rather than heat and does a marvelous job allowing his guests to articulate their viewpoints rather than imposing his own or trying to create controversy rather than dialogue. And he has a very influential audience.

Some of you may enjoy this, so here is a link

http://www.scpr.org/events/2011/02/09/airtalk-event-whats-homeschool-difference/

Bill

I just want to make local homeschoolers aware of an upcoming forum hosted by radio-host Larry Mantle, a very thoughtful person who has a regular talk show on the Pasadena NPR affiliate station KPPC (89.3).

I heard him announce this today (I've always enjoyed his show - you're right, he listens well and asks good questions), but was wondering if it was going to air live or be broadcast later. Do you know? I'm not going to be able to make it to the taping, but I'm interested in hearing it when it airs. Thanks!

It would be neat to have some WTM-influenced parents make it there, though.

I heard him announce this today (I've always enjoyed his show - you're right, he listens well and asks good questions), but was wondering if it was going to air live or be broadcast later. Do you know? I'm not going to be able to make it to the taping, but I'm interested in hearing it when it airs. Thanks!

It would be neat to have some WTM-influenced parents make it there, though.

I'm not sure about the broadcast, and the KPCC website is not clear. I would like to listen to this show too.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
You can download it on itunes. It begins around the 48 minute mark.

At the end of the day, the program did not turn out to be the sort of magic moment in broadcasting I was hoping for. Maybe my expectations were way too high?

As it was it was nice to see homeschooling get some mainstream media exposure in a positive way. I just don't think there was much in the program WTMers would find either new or especially compelling. It was more a more "ho-hum" hour than I expected.

Bill