Menu

After AAS Level 6

NCJessieRN

So, after Level 7 that's it. They will be finished with spelling (needing an actual program)?

That is the idea. I am sure there will be kids who need continued review of the phonograms, rule sand words they struggle with, but they will have all the instruction they need for spelling. The trick is getting them to consistently apply it. :D

I am going to move my oldest over to Dynamic Literacy. It is more of a vocab program but it is one that focuses on the parts of words (root, prefix, suffix) like AAS but taking it one step farther and to focus on their meanings as separate units and as wholes. To me it was the next logical step.

Heather

I am going to move my oldest over to Dynamic Literacy. It is more of a vocab program but it is one that focuses on the parts of words (root, prefix, suffix) like AAS but taking it one step farther and to focus on their meanings as separate units and as wholes. To me it was the next logical step.

Heather

Thanks for sharing this. Great idea!

They get to an age, around 5th/6th grade, where, assuming the basics have been taught or remediated, you stop worrying about their spelling, even if it isn't perfect, and just start using it in context more. So today when I was helping my dd outline her science, she was working on spelling. We just don't call it that. It's a natural transition.