Menu

Disappointed with CLE LA/need suggestions...

mom26

I used FLL for my dd who is now in the 5th grade. We loved FLL and learned so much. I switched her over to CLE LA and find their explanations confusing...I also switched my 2 3rd graders over now instead of using FLL3 because I thought the transition might be easier if we started CLE in an earlier grade. i also thought that it(the workbook lightunit set up) would be easier for me to administer since I could not teach both 3rd graders together(due to personality/ sibling dynamics etc) and FLL is so teacher intensive.

Does anyone have a LA program that you love?

I'd love to just sell the rest of the lightunits and find a better fit...

Thanks!

Kathi

MCT will be teacher intensive, at least in the younger years, as you are meant to read and discuss it with your children. Growing with Grammar is what I was going to suggest you look at if you are wanting something in a workbook format that can be more independently used.

Well since she's going into 6th, I would wait and get Analytical Grammar next year to start into their sequence. You have a good foundation and you're not behind that way. For the writing, did you get in as a beta tester for the new WWS from SWB? If you didn't, she's at a terrific age for Writing Tales 2. In fact you know, that's what *I* would do in your shoes. I'd get WT2, let that finish out your year (it has a nice amount of grammar built-in), then pick up with AG and the writing program of your choice next year.

Well since she's going into 6th, I would wait and get Analytical Grammar next year to start into their sequence. You have a good foundation and you're not behind that way. For the writing, did you get in as a beta tester for the new WWS from SWB? If you didn't, she's at a terrific age for Writing Tales 2. In fact you know, that's what *I* would do in your shoes. I'd get WT2, let that finish out your year (it has a nice amount of grammar built-in), then pick up with AG and the writing program of your choice next year.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond :)

She is actually taking an IEW writing class so that is covered for now...I never looked into SWB's wriitng pgm ...I may take a look at it though just to know what my options are.

Thanks again!

Blessings,

kathi

MCT will be teacher intensive, at least in the younger years, as you are meant to read and discuss it with your children. Growing with Grammar is what I was going to suggest you look at if you are wanting something in a workbook format that can be more independently used.

What is MCT? I'll take a look at growing with Grammar too...thanks for the suggestions!