Menu

Tapestry of Grace....

Marsha

I bought TOG 2 and we just started.

Now that we have started I think it would be beneficial to start at the beginning. Would you order TOG 1 and start from the beginning or just go ahead with TOG 2?

I have a 6th, 3rd, 2nd, and will start a K in July, and I have a 2 year old and newborn.

We have read SOTW 1, but not in-depth.

I think you can go either way. You will come back to ancients.

Oh goody, I get to do a schedule! (See why TOG fits me?)

Jan 2008 TOG Y2 (1st, 2nd, 6th)

Jan 2009 TOG y3 (K, 2nd, 3rd, 7th)

Jan 2010 TOG y4 (1st, 3rd, 4th, 8th)

Jan 2011 TOG y1 (K, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th)

Jan 2012 TOG y2 (1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 10th)

Jan 2013 TOG y3 (K, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 11th)

Jan 2014 TOG y4 (1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 8th, 12th)

If you go back to year 1 now then you just push everything back a year. Now this assumes you actually finish one year of TOG in a year. :D That may or may not be reasonable in your home. I can, but only because I hs year around, which balances out the weeks where I do take extra time.

I like how this schedule does end with your oldest doing y4 in 12th, and it will have your next child end on cycle as well. Then it gets all mess up with the younger dc, LOL! Ending at y4 is nice but not...a major goal. I think it is more important to just keep moving forward.

In the end I don't think it will really make a big difference either way. If it would make you happy, then go for it! If you don't really have the finances, then hold off and do what you are.

My 2 cents.

Heather

I used different programs for Ancients, but wasn't pleased with them. I switched to TOG and started Year 2. At first it was a bit difficult, because of the built in review at the beginning of the year, but that only lasted a few weeks. We are now finishing up Year 3 and will start Year 4 before the end of the school year (I got off schedule because I took a year and a half to do Year 2...there was so much great stuff in that year plan!)

Blessings,

Lee