Menu

OK. Another passion question....

Janice in NJ

OK. Another question about passion while we're at it then.

How do you SPEND YOUR TIME?

Poll Answers:

#1. I came to hsing passionate about History, Literature, Writing, and/or Philosophy. I wasn't that psyched about Math and/or Science. Our homeschool reflects this. We tend to focus on H, L, W, and or/P. We do M and/or S, but we SPEND OUR TIME going into the deepest waters in H, L, W, and or/P.

#2. I came to hsing passionate about History, Literature, Writing, and/or Philosophy. I wasn't that psyched about Math and/or Science. But I've reversed this passion pattern in our homeschool. We currently SPEND OUR TIME going the deepest in M and/or S. We still do H, L, W, and or/P, but M and/or S receive more focus.

#3. I came to hsing passionate about History, Literature, Writing, and/or Philosophy. I wasn't that psyched about Math and/or Science. But I've become balanced with all of it. We cover it all in a generally even way.

#4. I came to hsing passionate about Math and/or Science. I wasn't that psyched about History, Literature, Writing, and/or Philosophy. Our homeschool reflects this. We tend to focus on M and/or S. We do H, L, W, and or/P, but we SPEND OUR TIME going into the deepest waters in M and/or S.

#5. I came to hsing passionate about Math and/or Science. I wasn't that psyched about History, Literature, Writing, and/or Philosophy. But I've reversed this passion pattern in our homeschool. We currently SPEND OUR TIME going the deepest in H, L, W, and or/P. We still do M and/or S, but I give H, L, W, and or/P more focus.

#6. I came to hsing passionate about Math and/or Science. I wasn't that psyched about History, Literature, Writing, and/or Philosophy. But I've become balanced with all of it. We cover it all in a generally even way.

#7. None of the above. Your thoughts....

#8. I still think that chocolate is the answer to all questions. I'm passionate about chocolate ONLY! :):):)

Peace,

Janice

Enjoy your little people

Enjoy your journey

I put none of the above, we spend a lot of time on everything. Ds14 is taking AP Biology (1-1.5 hours a day) and Chalkdust Algebra (1 hour a day) and he is doing rhetoric TOG at an honors history and honors English level, along with the Government and Philosophy electives. This lots of writing with all of the above, except Algebra.

DS12 loves Math and Science, but I am relaxed about science until 8th grade. He spent a fun semester on Neurology and is now moving on to Math and the Cosmos. He spends a lot of his own time watching the Science Channel, Myth Busters and other shows like that, that counts too in my book. ;) He just finished LBCM and will do Life of Fred: Beginning Algebra for the rest of the year, it doesn't take much time, but math is in his science too, so there's a little extra. I spend most of my time with him on his communication, written and spoken, and then of course TOG takes a lot of time.

DS5 reads like crazy, it just clicked with him. I don't spend a lot of time with him on LA. He has very poor fine motor skills so we spend time working on writing and drawing. He loves science projects and I try to do a couple a month. He's pretty good at math too, but the writing gets in the way. Overall I'd say his day is pretty balanced.

I don't think we came to this passionate about any one subject, more so just passionate about learning. I wanted my kids to think learning was cool and not fall into that "loser" mentality that was so popular when I went to school. Cool kids = the ones failing. That said, we love science and history, but we also love literature, languages, and art. I used to be afraid of grammar and math, but now I like them too. Sometimes I'm unsure if I am himeschooling for them or me. :p

I came to hsing passionate about history and science, however, we spend an even amount of time on all our other core course subjects and I tend to end up dropping science more often than I should (as well as our foreign languages)..... We do spend lots of time on history and literature and I'm perfectly happy with that. We do more reading in that area than projects or other work.

Regena

I voted 7.

I came to hsing passionate about math, history and literature.

DD9 does:

1 hour of history 3x week

1 hour science 2x week

30 min. math daily

30 min. assigned writing plus 1 or more hours of free writing daily

2 or more hours of free reading

No philosophy, yet.

My other two don't have a scheduled but I try for a minimum 1 hour of reading, 15 minutes of math for DD6 and 10 minutes for DD3.