Menu

High school programs??

Jilly6

Not sure where to put this, so mods please move if needed.

My son should be starting high school in the fall. I am looking for a online, distance education type high school program for him that offers a diploma. Does anyone have experience with any of them out there? Good, bad, etc.? I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on them.

The choices seem overwhelming.

Thanks!

K12 International Academy- dd graduated from there , they even had a ceremony online. She loved that school , it was rigorous and also offered college courses through UMUC. She was the guinea pig and the classes worked out great. She loved the clubs, and was editor of her paper. The only downsize was cost.

Veritas Press- great curriculum, better than Int. dd is getting an honors education w/o the title. The price is considerably less. The teachers are great and highly intelligent and she has made a lot of great friends. Just wish they had clubs for her. She wants more social interaction.

American School.

It's cheap, doable and has a good reputation with colleges as being trustworthy.

Then SUPPLEMENT any lacks you feel the program has. Don't use a program that REQUIRES a student to meet the goals you HOPE he will meet. It's better to FINISH a lesser program, than ATTEMPT a harder one.