Menu

SAT questions

I know you would send me to search the piles of info in the archives....I was there, that is why am here.

Maybe you can answer...

Can SAT be taken AFTER High School? If not, why not?

My dd is not sure she want to attend college, but I am preparing her for

it as if she would. He has trouble with Algebra and Science has been

affected by it along with other inconviniences in our life like time.:blushing:

I have been trying to find when is the next SAT test schedule, but so far

on the SAT site there are only subject test schedule until June. When is the SAT administered through a year? Only once?:crying:

Thanks in advance for your assistance, it is much appreciated.:mellow:

It looks to me like March 12 and May 7 are open. When they list the SAT Subject tests, it's just to show which ones are available. I may be wrong, but I think the dates always have the regular SAT and some dates have some Subject tests. Every time my sons have taken the SAT, there have also been SAT subject tests going on at the same time/place.

I know you would send me to search the piles of info in the archives....I was there, that is why am here.

Maybe you can answer...

Can SAT be taken AFTER High School? If not, why not?

I have a friend who on registering her DS typed his birthdate year as 1890-something (instead of 1990-something) and nothing happened... so my guess is there's no upper age limit.

I know that I didn't decide to go to college until after I'd been out of school for a year and a half or so. I had to do some sort of test at that point. But my point is that adults go to college, so whether or not the SAT is the method of admission, there has to be some sort of way for her to go to college.

I know I really regreted not taking that test (whatever it was) while I was used to studying and had things fresh in my mind. I remember the college telling me I did well on the test, but it was very hard for me.

She'll never run out of options, but the options might get to be harder?

Julie

I highly recommend doing an SAT class. My dh didn't want me to sign our oldest up for it at first, but I had been working with her for months with NO score increase. Her scores on each section would go through about a 20 point wobble with an overall score that was always within 10 points of her original test.

The SAT course was $500 and they guaranteed to increase your score by at least 100 points or you'd get a prorated amount back (for ex: if your score went up only 30 points, then you got 70% of your money back). Her score went up 170 points overall (reading and writing each went up by 80 points, math went up by 10 points). That's what got her into competitive scholarship range. Math was still her highest score. I wasn't surprised that her math score didn't move much. I was very happy with the score increase in the other areas.