Menu

Has anyone used a Vocab program in seventh and eighth grades other than VfCR?

mcconnellboys

If so, are you also familiar with VfCR and why did you prefer the other program over it? I used VfCR with my older son, but I don't find that the words particularly stuck with him and helped prepare him for his PLAN and PSAT tests this past year. I'd like to use a program that will really stick, if at all possible.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give!

It seemed to me that the words in VFCR would seldom enter my sons' sphere of language. So, with my oldest, we moved to Vocabulary for the College Bound (quite successful). My other 3 are working through Wordly Wise 3000 series. I'm contemplating moving my 2nd son from WW 3000 to Vocab for the College Bound in 11th grade - I don't have a great reason for doing this :001_huh:but I really like Vocab. for the College Bound and want him to experience it:D.

For those of you using Vocabulary for Achievement, where do you buy it from? Maybe I'm missing it entirely, but all I'm seeing on the Great Source website is the different levels sold in packs of five, but not individiually. :confused: