Menu

SAT scores sent to colleges

Hunter's Moon

This may be a dumb question, but when are SAT scores sent to colleges?

I can take the SATs in May or June, and I plan to apply for three, rolling admissions colleges at the end of August.

Will my SAT scores get there in time?

The college only takes about 2-4 weeks to make a decision, and SAT scores are one of the things they need, so will they get them in time?

Thanks.

I think that when you select colleges to receive your SAT scores before you do the actual testing, they get the scores at the same time that you do.

If you wait until after you get your SAT scores to send them to colleges, then you have to pay to get them sent. I'm pretty sure that the sending is very fast since it's all electronic.

I think that when you select colleges to receive your SAT scores before you do the actual testing, they get the scores at the same time that you do.

If you wait until after you get your SAT scores to send them to colleges, then you have to pay to get them sent. I'm pretty sure that the sending is very fast since it's all electronic.

Thanks, that makes sense. :)

You could take the SATs in the spring for practice and not have them sent and again in May or June. You can then have just the best test results of each part sent as I understand it. Take a look. My dd took the ACTs and did not do as well as she did on her home practice tests.