Menu

My ds9 is being hospitalized.

Thanks for the update. Another thing that might be part of the issue here (but sadly not likely alll of it) would be food allergies/intolerances. Has he ever been tested for those? Dairy, wheat, sugar, soy, eggs, and corn are big ones but there are others.

The diet changes did not make ANY difference for my girls but I do know that for some kids, it is a big piece of the puzzle.

Are they doing anything different med wise for him? Are they suspecting the bipolar now?

Ds9 is home for a visit right now and if it goes well, we can discharge him tonight and put him in the day program tomorrow. So far he is okay although we've had some angry outbursts and foul language. :glare: Ugh. So his psych said that so far he can see some mild hyperactivity, rigid thinking (duh on that one!), anger issues (another duh), and he is prone to emotional volatility (another duh). He thinks the day program would be a better fit for him in assessing what we are really dealing with as long as we are "out of crisis". We shall see. Please keep praying. I'm off my own meds and going through withdrawal symptoms (headaches, dizziness, irritability) and not really on top of my game right now. It's a lot to deal with all at once. I really just want to climb into bed and pull the covers over my head and cry. :(

:grouphug:

Sue, I really want to encourage you to stay in contact with your own doctor. I know on another thread you mentioned not being able to contact him/her, but this must be a very trying and emotional experience and you probably need extra support right now. Call your doctor every day until you get in touch.

All the best, Stacy

Ds9 is home for a visit right now and if it goes well, we can discharge him tonight and put him in the day program tomorrow. So far he is okay although we've had some angry outbursts and foul language. :glare: Ugh. So his psych said that so far he can see some mild hyperactivity, rigid thinking (duh on that one!), anger issues (another duh), and he is prone to emotional volatility (another duh). He thinks the day program would be a better fit for him in assessing what we are really dealing with as long as we are "out of crisis". We shall see. Please keep praying. I'm off my own meds and going through withdrawal symptoms (headaches, dizziness, irritability) and not really on top of my game right now. It's a lot to deal with all at once. I really just want to climb into bed and pull the covers over my head and cry. :(

Thanks Stacey. I will try her again tomorrow. DS is still at the hospital and we are having such issues with what is going on there. They are supposed to be professionals and yet I feel as though what they are doing to "correct" my son is worse than what we do here at home. Don't want to get in to detail but I'm just so frustrated with the care he has received. I was expecting to know a lot more by now and all they can tell us is they are "working with him". :glare: