Menu

Classical Conversations & Moms with Little Ones

BlsdMama

I'm wondering how this works for you?

CC interests me a little, mostly for accountability. I absolutely KNOW we wouldn't do it this year. But, looking forward, I could see how it might be a really nice benefit. But the one thing I can't wrap my head around is how I'd do it with the littles in tow.

Next year we'd have:

10th grader, 7th grader, 4th grader, 2/3 grader, K, K, 3yo, 2yo, 6mo.

The founder of Classical Conversations promotes keeping your babies and little children (too young for class) with you as you observe your older children's classes. However, our group offers a nursery and a preschool for those younger than 4 at a cost of $7 per child per week. With a lot of children, the expense can add up, so some in our group have chosen to keep their little kids with them anyway. I've noticed those moms tend to spend a lot of times in the halls.

Our CC group offers nursery available for a fee as well, though moms with babies often keep them in a sling/stroller right with mom.

Because we are there all day (I tutor Essentials in the afternoon) and because my youngest has a disability, I use an at-home caregiver for him on CC days. Hopefully when he is bigger and doesn't need such one-on-one attention for things like feeding, etc., he can join us at CC.

Wish you were closest to our group!! ;) I think that the extra $$$ you might spend for childcare, is worth it so you can enjoy your time there. You could easily wear your new one (coming) and let the others stay with a sitter?? We do have preschool, but not infant care, due to our insurance...

:)

Carrie, are you in Sherwood or Salem? I can't remember!

Right now we're doing a co-op here and I'm pretty involved in it - teaching writing last semester and speech this semester. I'd absolutely hate to give it up and the families we've grown attached to this year.

However, I'd really love something that would more involve our oldest daughter. I'm really beginning to look around for next year.... And we rent. ;) Our contract is up this month and we are going to a month to month rental so if we wanted to move....

Do you have a program for the high school age students? With a preschool Sarah, Abigail, and Tim would be involved. The baby would obviously be worn and that would only leave Ella wondering where to go and what to do. :tongue_smilie: :D

I don't know... Part of me HATES the idea of running about. But part of me really LOVES the idea of accountability. And I'd love to have a firm grasp on this before I buy all my books for next year, kwim?!

Yes, Yes, Yes!! I "found" that you were moving here first!! We get you!!!!! NewLifeMom and I are right here in Salem.... (well, actually I'm just outside Salem)

We want you!!!!!! We have Challenge A and I and next year will hopefully have B and II. Basically, for your kids... we've have a program for everyone :) The littles.... well..... we'd have to talk about that. This year I have a preschool for kids 30 months (2.5) to under 4.

Your 2/3rd grader would be with my son... and Pam's daughter!! Yay :) I'm doing Info Mtgs... just finished ours last night.... and will do another first Thurs night of next month .... and then an Open House after that. I had NO idea that you might be able to actually be in ours!! Course, I'm sure that the Sherwood one is lovely, too. But.... we want you!!

:)