Menu

Anyone doing Project Life (Becky Higgins)?

Hi, Dawn,

Is this the project shown in the video you linked a few days ago? It had a lady showing the new kits to go with the project. One of them was a bright green color, and one of them was the turquoise in the link that you just posted, I think?!

Anyway, thanks for posting this. I enjoyed watching the video, and then I went to another link about "a week in the life..." that looked really interesting, too.

I've been considering this, but I had no idea you could buy the kit on Amazon.

Thanks!

Yes! At that time, I just really liked the style of having little pockets to keep photos, journaling cards and tidbits of life in. It was a completely spur of the moment thing today to buy the kit. I always thought I would put together my own, but I just decided today is the day.

I would eventually like to do a hybrid Week in the Life book as well, but I am waiting for http://www.designerdigitals.com to have the layered templates on sale. Though I like doing random layouts, I also like the idea of doing one week or one year and just letting that stand on its own. I want to save receipts, some emails, Facebook updates, etc. Ali Edwards also adds in 8.5x11 page protectors to store art work her kids make or enlarged photos. I just love the three-ring binder concept and the freedom to add in this and that.

Have you ever seen her December Daily album? So cute!

http://aliedwards.com/projects/december-daily

Oh, I bought the turquoise one since I have boys.

Hi, Dawn,

Is this the project shown in the video you linked a few days ago? It had a lady showing the new kits to go with the project. One of them was a bright green color, and one of them was the turquoise in the link that you just posted, I think?!

Anyway, thanks for posting this. I enjoyed watching the video, and then I went to another link about "a week in the life..." that looked really interesting, too.

I've been considering this, but I had no idea you could buy the kit on Amazon.

Thanks!

I am doing Project 365 - taking a picture a day for the whole year. I am planning on making weekly digital layouts and then doing a photo book at the end of the year.

Great! Since I won't get my kit, and I didn't order it until today, I am a little behind. But, I figure I can add in little things like Facebook updates, emails, funny things the kids say, photos from the internet of things the boys played with, etc.

A while back, I bought these cute regular albums from Target. My plan was to just put photos and journaling of things that reminded me of the boys in them. I still plan to do this. I wanted to include photos of favorite books, movies, toys, games, foods, places, etc. I plan to use many internet images and have the boys tell me their thoughts about them.

I would love to have something like this from my childhood.

I would eventually like to do a hybrid Week in the Life book as well, but I am waiting for http://www.designerdigitals.com to have the layered templates on sale. Though I like doing random layouts, I also like the idea of doing one week or one year and just letting that stand on its own. I want to save receipts, some emails, Facebook updates, etc. Ali Edwards also adds in 8.5x11 page protectors to store art work her kids make or enlarged photos. I just love the three-ring binder concept and the freedom to add in this and that.

Have you ever seen her December Daily album? So cute!

http://aliedwards.com/projects/december-daily

Oh, I bought the turquoise one since I have boys.

Wow, her December pages are beautiful!

My DH surprised me for Christmas by ordering furniture from Ikea to put in our playroom/rec room. I can't wait 'til it gets here, and now I have a great project to start!

I have an even boy/girl split, but I usually don't do overly feminine stuff because it's easier to fit girls into non-girly colors than the other way around!;)

I love the idea of saving receipts and stuff.

Okay, I'm off to visit Amazon...

Fun -- Ikea and organizing are two of my favorite things. I just finished organizing our play room, but we aren't painting it or replacing the flooring until our bedroom is finished. But, the drawer units are all organized (even the Legos by color) and labeled. Ahh -- I love that feeling. Now, if only we didn't have to move my scrapbooking paper and bookshelf in there while we work on the bedroom.

Well, for a few days, it looked pretty nice (except for the need of a paint job). I guess that's one good thing that comes from an older child moving out.

We plan to go to Ikea this month to pick out furniture for our bedroom. I am making a headboard with interior shutters which I plan to paint, but I want to buy some PAX wardrobes and nightstands from there.

I have some Project 365 journaling cards saved from a prior year if you'd like to see them. I can email them to you. She had posted them on her blog back then for a free download.

I did a quick hybrid layout tonight.

Wow, her December pages are beautiful!

My DH surprised me for Christmas by ordering furniture from Ikea to put in our playroom/rec room. I can't wait 'til it gets here, and now I have a great project to start!

I have an even boy/girl split, but I usually don't do overly feminine stuff because it's easier to fit girls into non-girly colors than the other way around!;)

I love the idea of saving receipts and stuff.

Okay, I'm off to visit Amazon...

post-1122-13535084344889_thumb.jpg

Intriguing! I'm so behind on scrapbooking and it takes a lot of time and money doing with all the papers, stickers, embellisments, etc. This would at least get something done and it would look nice.

Also, I remember pictures of Becky in Creating Keepsakes when she was out of college, got married and had a baby boy. She's changed a lot since those days! Wow!

Fun -- Ikea and organizing are two of my favorite things. I just finished organizing our play room, but we aren't painting it or replacing the flooring until our bedroom is finished. But, the drawer units are all organized (even the Legos by color) and labeled. Ahh -- I love that feeling. Now, if only we didn't have to move my scrapbooking paper and bookshelf in there while we work on the bedroom.

Well, for a few days, it looked pretty nice (except for the need of a paint job). I guess that's one good thing that comes from an older child moving out.

We plan to go to Ikea this month to pick out furniture for our bedroom. I am making a headboard with interior shutters which I plan to paint, but I want to buy some PAX wardrobes and nightstands from there.

I have some Project 365 journaling cards saved from a prior year if you'd like to see them. I can email them to you. She had posted them on her blog back then for a free download.

I did a quick hybrid layout tonight.

Your page is gorgeous! And what a cutie! I'd love to see the journaling cards when you have time. It sounds like your new bedroom will be fantastic. I'd love for our playroom to be that organized, but every time I work on one area, someone else is right behind me messing it up!

I bought the Digital Project Life last night. Now I just have to figure out how to use it. A friend also bought it so we are going to keep each other accountable for each weekly entry.

There are a lot of people doing the digital version on the twopeas website.

I am!! I'm going to use mine for "month in review" type thing rather than every day. It's all over my dining room table right now LOL. I got the turquoise edition and it's so adorable :)

I've done Ali's December Daily album for the last 3 years and it's a favorite project around here, everyone loves looking at them.

Good luck!

I am!! I'm going to use mine for "month in review" type thing rather than every day. It's all over my dining room table right now LOL. I got the turquoise edition and it's so adorable :)

I've done Ali's December Daily album for the last 3 years and it's a favorite project around here, everyone loves looking at them.

Good luck!

I downloaded the 6x8 templates and plan to make one next year. They are such cute projects!

I plan to do one sheet (both sides) per week. I plan to include photos, journaling and also little bits of stuff. So far, it's not very exciting, but I do have saved my prescription for strep, Papa John's receipts (yes, I've been sick, and my husband didn't want to cook), some Facebook updates, and some documentation of what I've done this eek. Oh, I have the HP tech support printout -- I think I'll include it. It sounds corny, but I am the computer tech around here, and it truly does consume quite a bit of my time.

Tomorrow, I'll take a photo of a volcano Ben made out of Model Magic (while it's erupting), a photo of his Mario characters that finally arrived from Singapore, and a photo of our room which is in the middle of remodeling. Perhaps I'll even photograph the bottle of Cephalexin. LOL I figure I could always stuff a couple of things in one of the little sections and adhere a pull-tag to it.

I also like Ali Edwards' idea of including page protectors with larger items. Nathan's been compiling info on the Bionicles but writing it in some sort of Runic code. I may include a printout of that. I'll also add some photo enlargements into those protectors. I also plan to include a few pieces of school work throughout.

I am working on my December Daily for this year - you can see it under the scrapbooking tag on my blog. That said, I am having such a tough time making time for even digital scrapbooking. Someone sent me the Project Life info last week, and I think I am going to go for it. I haven't done traditional scrapbooking in a long time, but figure I will be OK since there is no adhesive involved. (I am adhesively challenged.) Maybe I can keep up with that this year.

• 1 month later...

I love it! I got mine sometime in November. She had put all the old versions on 50% off to make room for the newer ones so I jumped in. I wanted to get started on it right away, but I made myself wait until January 1st. I just finished putting the January pages in place and I love it. The photography isn't as great as the photos I use for scrapping, but they are usually quick snapshots of something in our day.

Hubby asked that our Sunday photo always be of the boys in front of the fireplace so we can really see how they grow and change over the year. One of my favorite parts is that the whole family is now in on it and watching for what might be a good photo for that day. I love having a record of the little things in our lives.

Thanks for sharing. She is so very organized -- I love it. :)

Don't have time to work on the projects, but wanted to say that Becky was in my ward years ago (she's LDS) and she is SUCH a sweetheart. Truly a wonderful person. Maybe one of these days when I get organized :lol: I'll be able to do some of her projects.

Wow -- what a great deal!

I need to work on this last week this week while my husband has the boys out of town.

I like the idea of photos in front of the fireplace! :D

I love it! I got mine sometime in November. She had put all the old versions on 50% off to make room for the newer ones so I jumped in. I wanted to get started on it right away, but I made myself wait until January 1st. I just finished putting the January pages in place and I love it. The photography isn't as great as the photos I use for scrapping, but they are usually quick snapshots of something in our day.

Hubby asked that our Sunday photo always be of the boys in front of the fireplace so we can really see how they grow and change over the year. One of my favorite parts is that the whole family is now in on it and watching for what might be a good photo for that day. I love having a record of the little things in our lives.