Menu

How much taco seasoning for 8 lbs. of meat?

Tomorrow after church we're having a taco party for the twins' fourth birthday. Tonight I'm getting the meat ready. My husband and my dad will add their own heat. :D My mom and kids will want it on the milder side. I always add two cans of vegetarian refried beans to the mix, and some dehydrated onions.

8 pounds of ground beef = ______ T. taco seasoning (I have the big container, not little packets). The container doesn't have directions. :glare:

Tomorrow after church we're having a taco party for the twins' fourth birthday. Tonight I'm getting the meat ready. My husband and my dad will add their own heat. :D My mom and kids will want it on the milder side. I always add two cans of vegetarian refried beans to the mix, and some dehydrated onions.

8 pounds of ground beef = ______ T. taco seasoning (I have the big container, not little packets). The container doesn't have directions. :glare:

That's a hard one. My dh and I like it spicey and our dd does not...typical of kids.

I make tacos all the time. I use very little meat 1/2 for the 3 of us. For 1/2 lb I would use maybe 2 t. That's a guess as I used to use the packets but switched to the little can a while back. 3 t. = 1 T.

You know I'd add 6 T. That seems like that would give it a baby kick, but not overwhelming. That will be less than 1T for 1 lb. Then if anyone wanted more heat they can make up for it by adding more powder, salsa, etc. HTH.

Or, since you're preparing in advance....try 4 T, sample and keep adding by 1 T until you reach desired results. S <><