Menu

SOTW 2 Cross Reference Books

MamaBear

Thanks for the replies ladies. I have the KF Ency but do not have the Usborne book. We will be starting SOTW 2 in a few months and I have been thinking about getting it but wasn't sure if it was listed as a reference book.

Thanks again:)

Lynn H.

I just got my SOTW 2 and AG. Are you going to use it alone or adding it to another curriculum? I was thinking of adding in TOG or Biblioplan--something like that, but wondering if I need to.

I am using it alone. I needed to simplify things. We were using MFW but I found myself skipping so much and having a difficult time keeping up with the schedule. After much prayer I went with SOTW using the Kingfisher and lots of books from the library on whatever the topic was for the week.

As far as whether you need to add in another curriculum to SOTW, I guess that would depend on if you want to teach Bible or Church History along with History. I think SOTW with other history resources/books does the job well as far as history is concerned.

Lynn H.

I am using it alone. I needed to simplify things. We were using MFW but I found myself skipping so much and having a difficult time keeping up with the schedule. After much prayer I went with SOTW using the Kingfisher and lots of books from the library on whatever the topic was for the week.

As far as whether you need to add in another curriculum to SOTW, I guess that would depend on if you want to teach Bible or Church History along with History. I think SOTW with other history resources/books does the job well as far as history is concerned.

Lynn H.

Wanted to let you know that I got my Usborne encyclopedia of world history with internet links today. It looks almost exactly the same as the old edition. I now have the Kingfisher history encyclopedia and both the Usborne books--haven't decided which one/s I will use yet.