Menu

Classical Conversations cost??

mom2denj

$312 per child tuition plus a supply fee and enrollment fee that varies by campus.

Check out classical conversations site for the required foundations materials - I think it was probably between $150 - $200 but those materials are used for every year in CC.

$312 per child tuition plus a supply fee and enrollment fee that varies by campus.

Thanks so much! Is this the cost per year? If it is, it costs a lot less than I thought it would. I am aware that fees may be different here, but at least I have an idea. Thanks again!

Edited by mom2denj

It isn't too bad for the younger ones. I checked into Challenge for DD this year and...oh my...crazy expensive (around $1500 counting materials).

This is what I thought I heard the cost was. :001_huh: I guess we would have to reevaluate when it starts to get that expensive.

tuition $312 + registration fee $50 + supply fee $50 + facility fee (this varies by campus, generally $35-$50 per family)

Mandatory materials will cost about $160 the first year (VP cards + Foundations guide + tin whistle.) You could try to buy them used, though. You will probably want the CDs for at home for a Ker, too.

So about $612 for one child at our campus (we had a $50 facility fee) for the first year. After that, it would be $462 per year.

Challenge is about $1300 (tution plus registration plus supplies) plus a few hundred dollars in materials. It was about $1600 for most of my students last year, inlcuding materials.

Edited by angela in ohio

$312 per child, payed once a year. We payed $50 for supplies fee and $50 for building fee. (Use of the church where our Co-op is held)

$50 for the Foundations Book. (Only buy once)

$10 for Tin Whistle (Only buy once)

$100 for 5 packs of Timeline Cards (Only buy once) I bought these one at a time, over the course of a few months.

$32 for the small Memory cards (completely optional)

$20 for the CD's that have all the Memory Work on them (completely optional, but we NEED them, as listening to them in the car is the main way DS hears the material)

It isn't too bad for the younger ones. I checked into Challenge for DD this year and...oh my...crazy expensive (around $1500 counting materials).

Challnege meets 30 weeks of the year. The tuition is $1100 per year, which includes 6 one hour classes that meet once per week. Once you divide it out, you actually only spend $183 per class per year. Take that a little further and it calculates to about $6 per class per hour. Not too bad!

The curriculum is completely planned and each family receives an assignment schedule among other helps. These classes include college prep math, foreign language, composition, science (including full labs) and more -- oftentimes things that parents want/need help with once their kids are in high school.