Menu

Which edition of Spielvogel for Omnibus?

OK, VP sells the 7th ed. of Spielvogel's Western Civ book, yet I thought I saw in one of the Omnibus samples that they use the 6th ed. If I wanted to try Spielvogel with Omnibus III should I buy the 6th ed. or the 7th ed? The 6th is, of course, cheaper. ;) Which one is actually scheduled so that they will line up page-wise?

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

I have no idea about page numbers but I believe Veritas Press is always selling the most recent edition of Western Civilization. I've noticed the same thing about The History of Art for Young People. The 8th Edition of Western Civilization is coming out in January so the price of the 7th is likely to go down, and it wouldn't surprise me if VP was soon selling the 8th Edition. I'd buy whichever volume you want and wouldn't worry about page numbers. You'd be able to find the information you are looking for.

I found a good used 6th ed on Amazon for $10 today...can't beat that! That $150-$170 price tag was highly daunting for just a history text. :tongue_smilie:

Would you mind sharing the ISBN number please. I want to make sure I'm getting the right book.

Would you mind sharing the ISBN number please. I want to make sure I'm getting the right book.

I don't have the book onhand yet to share, but it's pretty easy as there are only so many editions. Here is the one I bought: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0534646026/sr=8-1/qid=1293725730/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1293725730&sr=8-1&seller=

Just go to the used link and see what is available (unless you're wanting to buy new that is)

OK, VP sells the 7th ed. of Spielvogel's Western Civ book, yet I thought I saw in one of the Omnibus samples that they use the 6th ed. If I wanted to try Spielvogel with Omnibus III should I buy the 6th ed. or the 7th ed? The 6th is, of course, cheaper. ;) Which one is actually scheduled so that they will line up page-wise?

Omnibus I-III use 6th edition

Omnibus IV uses 7th edition.

• 2 weeks later...
Omnibus I-III use 6th edition

Omnibus IV uses 7th edition.

Update!

I received my Omnibus III last week. It has a copyright date of 2010 and uses the Spielvogel 7th ed. In the online samples of Omni III, they had Spielvogel 6th ed. assigned, so I purchased a cheap 6th ed.

Thankfully, I have the list that someone posted on here though, so I just keep my list in my book and look at it when Spielvogel is assigned and adjust the page numbers for my edition. No biggie. Purchasing the 6th ed. was MUCH cheaper!!!

So, all that to say, though Omni III probably has not been officially revised, they have changed the page numbers in it to reflect the 7th ed. ;)