Menu

If you cook 3 meals a day. . .

Oh, no I didnt' think about multiplying by 5 at all! Girl, you need chickens!

LOL! Chickens! Yes, I'd love some chickens. We go through eggs like crazy. Just dinner alone last night (which we had "breakfast" for dinner) took a whole dozen eggs and the kids still wanted more! Its too bad we live within city limits. I may still try to talk my DH into a small chicken coup. I see chickens everywhere within city limits anyway. ;)

If you don't cook, what do you eat?

We eat uncooked food a lot. It's summer here. Fruit for breakfast for me (or cereal for ds, dh likes eggs, dd likes eggs or cereal). Lunch- salad with all sorts of things in it including protein. If we ate bread, that would be easy.

Dinner- cooked foods with salad.

That's my pattern at this time.

It's just not necessary, and probably pretty healthy, not to apply heat to all your food. It's so much easier to eat a fair amount of your food in a fairly unprocessed, raw state, or at least in very simple form.

LOL! Chickens! Yes, I'd love some chickens. We go through eggs like crazy. Just dinner alone last night (which we had "breakfast" for dinner) took a whole dozen eggs and the kids still wanted more! Its too bad we live within city limits. I may still try to talk my DH into a small chicken coup. I see chickens everywhere within city limits anyway. ;)

I live right in the middle of the city! We have 5 chickens and right now get about 4 eggs/day, sometimes 5. We got fewer in the begining and we had read that with winter we'd get less but so far, we're getting more!

My husband built our coop and pen and my daughter does most of the chicken chores. I make sure we eat all the eggs. I will tell you that it is very cool to go out to the coop, gather some eggs, bring them in, and have them for lunch/supper/whatever.

Wow! I forgot about this post and am surprised to see all the responses. I didn't even think about families with allergies and other special food concerns. I think the fact that I only occasionally cook had a lot to do with my inefficiencies, plus that I was trying to cook multiple things for each meal as we had guests. I also make a big mess when I cook so clean up can be a bear.

As for what we normally eat if I don't cook, most of it has already been mentioned by other posters. We eat a lot of things like cold cereal, fruit and cheese, pre-mixed salads, leftovers, etc. My DH normally cooks dinner. :D Somehow, he goes "off-duty" when his parents are visiting and I end up doing all the cooking.

We also go out to eat at least once a week in addition to eating with my sister once a week (she's a great cook!).

Pegasus