Menu

Jello help!!!!!

This should be easy right?

I'm looking for a simple jello dessert recipe that I can layer in a glass container. Nothing art decoish...just layers of jello and whipped cream...right?

I can't find anything!!!! Not even a google image:glare:

Please help.....:D

I'm making this right now. It's three layers, although one could alternate the whipped cream and jello layers an extra time for a trifle bowl. (Pretzels can only be on the bottom layer, or they get soggy.)

-----------------------

PRETZEL JELLO SALAD

3 c. crushed pretzels (small pieces, not all ground to fine dust)

6 T. butter

3 T. + 3/4 c. sugar

8 oz. softened cream cheese

8 oz. Cool Whip

1 large package raspberry jello

2 c. boiling water

2 small packages (or 1 large) frozen raspberries

Melt butter. Add 3 T. sugar and pretzels. Spread into 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 13 mins. Cool. (Hmm. Maybe you can only do this in a 9x13 glass pan, since it bakes in the oven for the crust.)

Beat cream cheese and 3/4 c. sugar until well blended. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread over cooled pretzel crust. Be sure to seal the edges, completely covering the crust, and going all the way to the edges. (Sealing well ensures a crisp crust!)

Mix jello and boiling water, stirring until dissolved. Add frozen raspberries (they will thaw). Pour over cream cheese mixture, and chill until set. Serves 12.

-------------------------

Your really do want to go to the store this afternoon?!

I just called my Mom and she was saying today was her day to make Rainbow Jello. This recipe sounds like what I remember of it. It's not difficult, just time consuming.

Google Rainbow Jello--you'll get a ton of options.

ETA: I just realized you said whipped cream. This may not be the recipe you're looking for then.

Rainbow Jello is simple, but impressive. Kids LOVE it! Here is a photo of one I made.

The recipe I used had you do a clear layer and then mix some with sour cream for an opaque layer. It was more like this.