Menu

I'm looking for the recipe called Toffee Bars that have saltine crackers

MJN

1 c. brown sugar

1 c. butter.

Melt together and boil for about 5 min.

Mix in 1 c. pecans and pour over club crackers (or graham crackers) on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for about 10 min. Watch it though so you don't burn them.

ETA: I guess you could use saltines, I've always used club crackers.

I make Matzo Toffee Crunch....there are many recipes and ironically I can't find the one I use, but the basic recipe is pretty standard and then from that there are variations.

Below is a link to a standard version of the recipe. It uses Matzo crackers of course...perhaps it might work saltines. HTH. Sheryl <><

https://athomebysteveposes.wordpress.com/2010/03/26/you-dont-have-to-be-jewish/

Christmas Crack

1 sleeve saltine crackers

3/4 cup brown sugar

1 cup butter

1 package chocolate chips

3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and line a 10" x 15" cookie sheet with foil (the kind of sheet that has raised edges!). Spray with Pam, or grease VERY lightly with butter. Cover the cookie sheet with a single layer of saltines. Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring with a whisk. Pour over the saltines, and try to spread it as evenly as possible. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. When you remove it, the caramel mixture will be molten and boiling; allow to cool about 3 min, or until you can see the crackers distinctly, which will have shifted while baking. Push them back into order with a fork or knife.

Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the toffee and let sit for about 5 minutes to melt. Once melted spread chocolate evenly. If desired, sprinkle on pecans and press lightly into the chocolate. Let cool a bit and then transfer to fridge to harden.

Once hard, break the candy into small pieces and place in containers.