Menu

I've Failed as a Parent

Tonight I stopped by a store to do some shopping before heading home to resume the Chex Party Mix make-a-thon.

A father and son were coming into the store behind me.

The father quoted a passage from "Winnie the Pooh" by A.A.Milne, "Tut tut it looks like rain."

The son looked at him and said "Have you lost your mind?"

The father explained the significance of the quote and the piece of literature it came from.

The son responded with "Winnie the Who?"

The father looked at the son announcing, "I've failed as a parent! You don't know who Winnie the Pooh is!"

Tonight I stopped by a store to do some shopping before heading home to resume the Chex Party Mix make-a-thon.

A father and son were coming into the store behind me.

The father quoted a passage from "Winnie the Pooh" by A.A.Milne, "Tut tut it looks like rain."

The son looked at him and said "Have you lost your mind?"

The father explained the significance of the quote and the piece of literature it came from.

The son responded with "Winnie the Who?"

The father looked at the son announcing, "I've failed as a parent! You don't know who Winnie the Pooh is!"

:lol::lol::lol: I love that quote!

We say "oh, bother!" all the time.

Talk about things overhead in a store...I allowed my kids to put a tub of Fluff into our cart recently, (yes, Fluff...moving on) and my youngest loudly lamented that Daddy was going to eat it all on them. The lady next to us in the aisle laughed. To my recollection, I have never bought Fluff at least in my DD7's lifetime. :confused:

And seriously, how can a kid not know who Winnie the Pooh is?? I mean, at least the Disney incarnation??

I often find myself saying the opposite in stores...music will be playing, and my kids can identify the artist and start singing along...I'm talking stuff like Zeppelin, Eagles, Beatles, Elvis...makes me feel like I'm raising them right :lol:

Especially proud when Aerosmith, "Don't Want To Miss A Thing" comes on, and not only do they know it, but announce, "Mom! Its your wedding song!!" :lol: