Menu

Song School Latin Questions

RainbowSprinkles

I'm planning on using Song School Latin with my two older children next school year. My dd tried out Prima Latina this year, we got to about lesson 4 and then stopped. Not to be rude, but the teacher on the DVD just annoyed me... it was hard to stand.

My question is, will my soon to be 9 year old be too old for this program? If I will have both of them do it, will I need two student books? Ds6 is a beginning reader and doesn't do a lot of writing yet.

Thank you for taking the time to respond :)

I have a 7 year old who loves it also. I intend to reuse it again next year if we finish it this year. I slow down some of the lessons and cover them in two weeks, like the second one which had the vowel sounds and I wanted him to learn those well ;).

ETA: I also make my own flash cards and have him match the Latin words to the English words and phrases. I did the same with the vowel sounds also, making flash cards with the vowel and then separate ones with the sounds.

Edited by Guest